torstai 23. toukokuuta 2013

Liebster Award.

Hi there. A few days ago I got a Liebster Award from Iira! Thank you so much, this is very much appreciated. ♥



Liebster Award Rules

1. Thank the person who gave it to you.
2. Answer the 11 questions presented to you.
3. Come up with 11 questions of your own.
4. Give the award to 11 blogs with fewer than 200 readers.

Iira's questions


1. What is the one book you can read over and over again without getting bored?
- When I was little, it was Melukylän Lapset. When I was a teenager, all kinds of books for teenage girls from Lizzie McGuire and Sisters Club to Replica series. Nowadays I have to say To See A Stranger and probably Catcher in the Rye.

2. What was the first book you ever read?
- Oh shoot, I don't remember! I think it was Melukylän lapset. :D

3. Why do you think it's so hard to make movies as good as the books they're based on?
- Actually I don't understand that at all, because basically you have the whole manuscript right in front of you with all its details and characters, and still you just have to go and play and try something new (read: ruin the whole book from the beginning to the end) because hey, no one will notice. But maybe it's because sometimes there occurs a problem with the book's minorities, details and that the movie is going to get too long, if you're going to copy every single detail to the movie.

4. Do you think it's a good or a bad thing, how electronic book readers are slowly taking over and the art of the written word is getting lost? Why? Do you own an e-book?
- To be honest I'm a bit concerned about the fact how traditions concerning not only books but cd's and newspapers are gradually diminishing. Actually I can't explain why I'm thinking it's a bad thing, because sometimes I'm the least traditional person. Needless to say that I don't own an e-book.

5. Do you ever read ahead when you start a new book? As in reading the last sentence etc.?
- Oh yes. I don't know why I do that. In high school I usually read the last paragraph of a book when we had to read for some of our Finnish courses.

6. If Stephen King and Nicholas Sparks joined their forces in writing, what do you think would happen?
- Some kind of a mix up of psychological horror and a touching love story, I think. That would be quite... interesting.

7. Do you enjoy reading magazines? What kinds?
- Well yeah. Usually I like to read all kinds of women's shallow trend and fashion magazines, and on the other hand I enjoy reading magazines, which are about "real things" and news all around the world.

8. Is there a form of literature that you just cannot stand?
- I don't know. Maybe all kinds of very strange fantasy, (please don't kill me, but) e.g. Lord of the Rings and Twilight. For me Harry Potter is kind of a grey area.

9. Do you buy books, or just borrow them from a friend, or just go to a library?
- I prefer borrowing from a friend because they probably already have their own opinion about the book and I can ask them about whether it is worth reading etc.

10. What do you appreciate in a good book?
- When it comes to fiction I appreciate a beautiful (somewhat sad) love story and detailed but still brief describing of the characters and the milieu. A traditional happy ending is not mandatory, but witty and versatile characters and a number of shocking twists in the plot are.

11. What is your favorite word? Why?
- Elengi. Just because the definition "nice, cozy, delicious, fun, beautiful, gentle, comfortable" sounds too good. In English I like the word precinct. Don't ask why exactly, it just sounds cool. I also love the word beautiful, because first of all it sounds way more beautiful in English than in Finnish (= kaunis, blah). It also brings all kinds of beautiful images and thoughts to my mind. Jazz is also an awesome word.

If it's okay for you guys, I won't make any questions of my own this time. Maybe next time (if and) when I get a challenge!


PS. I am dangerously and inevitably turning into a Whovian. Can't say I'm that already, because I've seen only like 4 episodes. But still, I'M HOOKED, thanks to Saara! ♥


I totally want these shoes! Just too cool.

2 kommenttia:

  1. Sisters club, Lizziet ja Replicat, huhhuuuh:D kaikki luettu täälläkin!

    VastaaPoista
    Vastaukset
    1. Ne oli kyl hyvää hömppäluettavaa! Paitsi Replica, joka oli sit tosi jännittävää, ku olin pikkuteini ;D

      Poista