sunnuntai 29. marraskuuta 2020

Musical frissons: It's so good it Hurts.


Oh how I loved you back in the day. How I listened to your first 2 albums every morning. 7 years ago, my mornings started with Silver Lining or Exile, depending on which album I started my listening sessions with the day before. And then one of you featured in a song by a DJ I usually don't like, but MAN that song was a banger! Still is.

Then something happened. The third album. There were a couple of nice singles, but the overall vibe was - as my former favourite artist Kanye would say in his track Love Lockdown - wrong. I liked Rolling Stone, Slow and Kaleidoscope, but that was it. Then the next album... well I must admit, I can't remember any of the songs because there's a chance I only listened to it once and when I asked about it from others, they said it was boring. It hurts to even write this (pun intended), I hate giving critique so much.

Oh, but then. BUT THEN. I don't know whether it was the Covid-19, some reboot in Theo and Adam's lovely creative brains, BUT FAITH. Man oh MAN have you gone back to your roots! This album is AMAZING. Every song is as great as the next one. Of course, some songs demand a certain mood or vibe (for example All I Have To Give or Redemption), but in a perfect mood all of the songs are absolutely unskippable.

Voices was an instant favourite. I could listen to it all day. Suffer is slow-burning, dark, even sensuous melancholy. Slave To Your Love has a gorgeous melody and beautiful sounds. Even though I can't relate (only through empathy and loved one's experiences), I love the lyrics of Liar. Somebody has a victorious feel of getting out of a toxic relationship (also you MUST check out the music video). Numb has a powerfully rusty and anarchic vibe. Redemption demands a certain mood, but the bridge is so mighty I can't help but feel powerful and that I can do anything whenever I listen to that part. And White Horses. Loving the lyrics, the sound, Theo's voice.

Faith by Hurts has everything for everyone. I LOVE IT. 12/10, will recommend! The perfect album for dark days.

3 kommenttia:

  1. Kiitos vinkistä, en tienny uudesta levystä. Mun suosikki on ehottomasti Darkest Hour. Iski syvälle.

    VastaaPoista
  2. Kiitos vinkistä, en ollu tiennykään uudesta levystä. Kuuntelin sitä tänään. Yleisfiilis että se jäi vähän sekavaksi, oli jotenkin tosi painostava ja ahdistavakin paikotellen. Mutta suosikiksi nousi ehdottomasti Darkest Hour, se meni suoraan sydämeen ja oli juuri sitä mitä tarvitsi. Ja Redemption oli kans vaikuttava! Ehkä ne kaksi jää tuolta levyltä soittoon.

    VastaaPoista
    Vastaukset
    1. Joo, mulla oli alkuun kans pureksittavaa, mutta toisella kuuntelukerralla erottui edukseen omat suosikit <3 Toi on muuten totta, että toi yleismeininki on aika painostava, mut se sopii mulle just nyt :’) Darkest Hour ja Redemption on aivan mahtavia molemmat!

      Poista