perjantai 31. elokuuta 2018

I see the good in you, do you see it too?


First feeling of this song and music video: I have no words. Just a lot of smiling, good vibes and crying happy tears.

Now I have a few words I just feel the need to say about this song.

I know in my gut this will be the most important song of 2018. At least my 2018. This has been a very difficult and trying year for me, for us. Probably the hardest and the most stressful time in my whole life, and I have gone through a LOT in my life.

I have been feeling all kinds of negative emotions about everything, but mostly about myself. I have been so tired, been stressed out to my limits, been questioning myself in almost every aspect of life. I have been ashamed of myself, even hated myself. Just when I've been thinking that I'm over something, well no I'm not.

Then came this song. First I fell in love with the music video of Seinabo Sey and her family and friends having a blast and smiling and random unedited snapshots and moments of all the beautiful things in life. Then I saw the lyrics and started to let them sink in. Then came the tears. I could feel Seinabo telling me:

"I see the good in you,
do you see it too?"

Then I listened more carefully. She sings about a love interest, who tells her that he sees the good in her. That was when I realized I have that kind of person in my life who tells me that every day, and I am forever grateful of having him in my life. You know who you are.

"What's your name for can I call you mine?
All I want is a moment of your time
cuz I see the good in you,
can you see it too?"

And also like Seinabo, I have such an awesome family and beautiful friends in my life who light up my life when I've been in the darkest and deepest of waters. They keep me going day by day.

I'm A Dream will be such a powerful album. Can't wait until September 7th! Also I have a strong need to experience this song live. We'll see you at The House of Culture, Seinabo!

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti