maanantai 26. syyskuuta 2011

Here's to Roc-A-Fella.

This time I'm gonna write in English.


Today I decided to log in to Spotify for a long time. I got fed up with Spotify instantly, when it started to limit the listening time and how many times you get to listen to each track. Before all the limitations it was my number-one favorite application for listening to music. 


Anyway, as soon as I was logged in, I remembered that Kanye West and Jay-Z released an album Watch the Throne a while ago. Here's some review about it:


Until now I've listened to 9 songs from the album, and they sound good. Not absolutely perfect/awesome/magnificent, but good. I didn't have any expectations about the album, 'cause even if the artists are Kanye and Jay-Z, the pioneers of new school hip-hop, they still can release only a mediocre album. But don't think that I still wouldn't love those two, they're just awesome, creative and inventive artists and producers. This is also my first time hearing these tracks, so my opinion may change after listening these a couple more times...

After listening to Made In America I noticed that this album has influences from the style of Kanye's album 808's & Heartbreak, which is only a good thing. That album is great, even it differs a lot from Kanye's previous style.

I have learned that whenever two major hip-hop artists, like Kanye and Jay-Z, make an album together, you shouldn't get your hopes up. I'm not sayin' you should be all negative and think it's gonna be a crappy album. I'm sayin' that don't have any expectations about the upcoming album. Just wait for it patiently and once it's released, listen to it a couple of times and form your own opinion about the album as an ensemble and find your favorite songs from the album.

Now that I've listened to the whole album, I'm definitely recommending this to y'all. Especially if there's someone who's a big fan of Kanye and Jay-Z and hasn't heard about this yet.


PS. CORRECTION: I'm totally hooked to this album! I absolutely love the songs No Church In The Wild, Ni**as in Paris, New Day and Who Gon Stop Me. Even though I think that this album isn't as good as it could've been, I just love this. I also think this is probably one of my "favorite artist's new album"-euphoria going on, so the fascination probably won't last long...

I think I'm gonna go to sleep. Next week is our exam week at school, though tomorrow I'm not having an exam, fortunately. I'm having my prep class for social studies at 12.15pm. I get to sleep late, what a relief.

Until next time, stay tuned!


Songs played during writing:

Kanye West &  Jay-Z - Watch The Throne-album

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti